During the year, Mary Black moved to Bath and left the company as did Ian Fullwood who retired. The team was bolstered with arrival of:
- Tom Hunt as Head of Sales and Engineering
- Kevin Thomas as Technical Sales
- Heather Pringle in Sales Admin
- Fiona Reynold moving to Office and Production Manager
- Sarah Keefe returning part-time in Marketing.
- Under the guidance of Martin Davis, the workshop team is now 6 strong.
Early 2022 saw the launch of the Smart BaseStation, a bespoke off-grid power system with the flexibility to mount customers’ equipment on one of the two masts integral to the system. In time for the winter season, the LE-v150 Extreme Storm – our toughest wind turbine yet, designed for winds up to 45m/s (100mph).
We began working on a new generation of more powerful wind turbines, the first will be a 300W vertical wind turbine designed for the urban environment where the wind speeds tend to be lower than average. There’ll be the OG range of mobile off-grid systems, powerful enough to replace a diesel generator with a clean, fossil fuel alternative. More on that to follow…
We thank you for your business during 2022 and supporting us as we adapt to the passing of Dave Hailes and build a strong business moving forwards.
David Sully and the team at Leading edge.