Victron Battery Monitor BMV-702S for dual battery / battery bank systems. Includes 500A 'click and connect' shunt and connection kit.
65 x 65 x 30mm
9 - 90V DC
- BMV-702S main unit
- Panel mounting (square) surround bezel
- 500A intelligent shunt
- Data and battery cables
Battery ‘fuel gauge’, time-to-go indicator, and much more:
The remaining battery capacity depends on the ampere-hours consumed, discharge current, temperature and the age of the battery. Complex software algorithms are needed to take all these variables into account. Next to the basic display options, such as voltage, current and ampere-hours consumed, the BMV-700 series also displays state of charge, time to go, and power consumption in Watts.
The BMV-702 features an additional input which can be programmed to measure the voltage (of a second battery), temperature or midpoint voltage).
Easy to install:
All electrical connections are to the quick connect PCB on the current shunt. The shunt connects to the monitor with a standard RJ12 telephone cable. Included: RJ 12 cable (10 m) and battery cable with fuse (2 m); no other components needed. Also included are a separate front bezel for a square or round display appearance; a securing ring for the rear mounting and screws for the front mounting.
Easy to program:
A quick install menu and a detailed setup menu with scrolling texts assists the user when going through the various settings.
Midpoint voltage monitoring (BMV-702 only):
This feature which is often used in industry to monitor large and expensive battery banks, is now for the first time made available at a low cost, to monitor any battery bank. A battery bank consists of a string of series connected cells. The midpoint voltage is the voltage halfway along the string. Ideally, the midpoint voltage would be exactly half of the total voltage. In practice, however, deviations will be seen, dependent on many factors such as a different state of charge for new batteries or cells, different temperatures, internal leakage currents, capacities and much more. Large or increasing deviation of the midpoint voltage, points to improper battery care or a failed battery or cell.
- Battery voltage, current, power, ampere-hours consumed and state of charge
- Time to go at the current rate of dischargeProgrammable visual and audible alarm
- Programmable relay, to turn off non critical loads or to run a generator when needed.
- 500 Amp quick connect shunt and connection kit
- Shunt selection capability up to 10.000 Amps
- VE.Direct communication port
- Stores a wide range of historical events, which can be used to evaluate usage patterns and battery health
- Wide input voltage range: 9,5 – 95 V
- High current measurement resolution: 10 mA (0,01A)
- Low current consumption: 2,9 Ah per month (4 mA) @12V and 2,2 Ah per month (3mA) @ 24V