Trojan 225Ah Deep Cycle Renewable Energy Battery
The Trojan J185H-DT battery is the work horse of the off-grid power systems that we offer and is purpose designed for deep cycling service in renewable energy systems. The ‘flooded’ lead acid chemistry of the battery is easy to maintain whilst offering fantastic capacity.
- 'Flooded' Lead Acid Battery with T2 Technology – Giving you the most cost effective energy storage
- Available in 12v units – Can be used in multiples to create 12V, 24V or 48V battery power systems
- Long Cycle Life - 1200 cycles at 50% discharge, 800 cycles to 80% DOD – Designed specifically for use in small scale off-grid renewable energy systems
- Polypropylene rigid container construction – Protects the battery chemistry from damage in demanding environments
- Ideal for off-grid power systems of all kinds
Trojan T2 Technology™
MAXIMUM OPERATION PERFORMANCE
Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste is a proprietary, high-density paste formulation precisely engineered to deliver outstanding battery performance. This high-density paste optimizes porosity development in the active material utilizing the active material more effectively, resulting in sustained battery performance over a longer period of time. Trojan’s T2 Technology introduces a patent-pending T2 metal agent into our Alpha Plus Paste, further strengthening the electrochemical processing capabilities of Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste. Together Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology increase both sustained capacity and total overall ampere-hours, resulting in more operating power for your application. It’s a key reason why Trojan batteries consistently outperform the competition.
Trojan’s grid technology is a lead antimony alloy grid mixture formulated specifically for use with Trojan’s Alpha Plus Paste with T2 Technology. The grid formulation provides exceptional structural adhesion between the Alpha Plus Paste and the grid frame. Thick grids reinforce the strength of the frame and reduce corrosion. The overall grid configuration is optimized to enhance current flow through the grid network providing exceptional battery performance, reducing downtime and lowering maintenance costs.
LONGER BATTERY LIFE
Exclusively available in Trojan batteries is our Maxguard T2 advanced separator. Trojan’s Maxguard T2 separator features a multi-rib geometry which keeps acid channels open longer, enhancing electrochemical processing while reducing the risk of stratification. Maxguard’s proprietary rubber-based material inhibits antimony transfer between the positive grids and negative plates; a protection not available in many other competitor batteries. A newly fortified, thick back web provides even greater separator strength resulting in a more robust battery, with increased protection against failures caused by separator degradation. Trojan’s Maxguard T2 advanced separator sustains performance providing exceptionally longer battery life and significantly lowering your operating costs.
RUGGED POLYPROPYLENE CASE
Many batteries are fitted in areas where they can be knocked and bumped around or splashed with oil, petrol and diesel. The unique mauve coloured polyproylene outer housing of all Trojan batteries is rigid enough to keep the internal plates and electolyte well compressed, but durable enough to last a lifetime.
- Capacity at C20 (20 Hour Rate) Discharge rate: 225Ah
- Capacity at C100 (100 Hour Rate) Discharge rate: 249Ah
- Dimensions: 381mm Length X 178mm max-width X 371mm Height
- Weight (Wet): 58Kgs
- Container Construction: Polypropylene
- Terminal Type: Automotive Post & Stud
*All technical specifications and images are correct at the time of publication, but are subject to change without notice.