The 20 Amp Steca PR 2020 is a high quality charge controller with a 'customer designed' LCD display that shows the state of charge (SOC) in percentage and battery gauge symbol.
The range of Steca PR charge controllers were launched in the year 2004 as the fifth generation of charge controller technology (up to 900 Wp). The heart of the charge controller is the integrated circuit called ATONIC®II, which contains the improved regulation software based on a self learning algorithm. It will prevent your solar panels of approx 50-300 watts (Dependant on battery voltage), from overcharging your battery.
The Steca PR 2020 charge controller is highly featured with automatic voltage regulation, temperature compensation, reverse polarity protection and more. The LCD keeps you advised of battery voltage etc. The charge controller uses Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) for optimum battery charging and in short... provides reliable protection for both 12v and 24v systems.
- PWM shunt battery charging
- State of charge (SOC) battery regulation
- Built in Ah counter
- Boost charging
- Equalising charge
- Float charging
- Automatic load reconnection
- Manual load switch
- Automatic selection of voltage (12 V / 24 V)
- Temperature compensation
- Positive grounding or, negative grounding on one terminal
- Field adjustable parameters by two buttons
- Lighting control options during hours of darkness
- Interface to prepayment unit
- Reduces system maintenance.
- Installs in minutes.
- High voltage disconnect (HVD)
- Low voltage disconnect (LVD)
- Depth of discharge disconnection (DOD)
- Reverse polarity of solar modules
- Reverse polarity of load & battery
- Electronic fuse
- Short circuit of solar modules
- Short circuit of load
- Over temperature
- Over voltage
- Lightning protection by varistor
- Low electronic interference (EMC)
- Open circuit battery
- Reverse current at night
- Steca designed LCD in symbols and digits showing SOC, Vbat, all currents, Ah, alarms, day / night and more.