On our YouTube channel at www.youtube.com/c/leadingedgeturbines there are video tutorials to help you install our equipment with ease.
Each video has captions on key points for customers where English is your second language.
- Setting up the DL-300 charge controller:
Here we show how to set-up the DL-300 charge controller so it dumps excess power generated by either the LE-300 or LE-v150 wind turbines when the batteries are full – watch it now!
- Wiring up a Leading Edge Turbine wind system that uses a Tristar and dump load (part one):
In Part 1, we connect up the battery bank and look inside the Tristar charge controller – watch it now!
- Configuring the Tristar 45A/60A charge controller:
Here we show how you configure the Tristar 45A Charge Controller for "diversion" mode so any excess power generated by the turbine can be bleed to the dump load resistor – watch it now!
- Wiring up a Leading Edge Turbine wind system that uses a Tristar and dump load (part two):
Having configured the Tristar charge controller for diversion mode, we connect the Tristar to the batteries, the dump load to the Tristar and finally the wind turbine to the battery bank. Your system is now set-up – watch it now!
- Wiring the run/stop switch for the LE-300 & LE-450:
The run/stop switch electrically isolates the turbine from the battery systems and brings the turbine to a near stop by placing a short circuit across the turbine output. NOT to be used in High Winds – watch it now!