Marine Wind Generators for Sailing boats and Yachts
"The ever increasing amounts of essential electronic equipment on boats are a real drain on your precious batteries. We have two different products ranges for boat and yacht owners, all are designed and precision manufactured in the UK."
LE-300 Marine & LE-450 wind generators
Ideal for ‘live-aboards’ and canal boats, the LE-300 Marine and LE-450 horizontal axis wind generators will keep your batteries charged whether you’re out on the high seas or moored up and away from your boat. This small wind turbine with a 1m rotor diameter, is manufactured in the UK and is considered more powerful than similar sized competitors
LE-300 Marine is considered the best value wind charger with the lowest cost per watt according to Practical Boat Owner magazine, while the LE-450 is the most powerful small wind turbine with a 1m rotor, able to provide meaningful power levels at everyday wind speeds of 5-8m/s (11-18mph).
- 12V, 24V and 48V versions
- Appreciated for its quietness
- Lightweight – LE-300 Marine is 6.5Kg and LE-450 is 8Kg
- Specifically designed for corrosive marine environment
- Robust and proven to survive storm force winds up to 27m/s (60mph)
“As I write it is blowing 25 knots and I can hardly hear the LE-300 sitting inside the saloon. It is so quiet we often have to look up at the blades to see if it is working and we haven’t left the stop/switch on.”
Bea Freeman, a blue-water sailor who permanently lives onboard his 11 metre catamaran.
Read the case study
LE-v50 and LE-v150 wind generators
- Totally silent
- Compact and can fit neatly onto a mast, safely out of the way of a crowded deck
- Marine quality finish give lasting performance
- Virtually indestructible – they can be left to run through storm conditions!